This website is an e-commerce website which allows website visitors to purchase items that we have displayed for sale.
1. Information Collection and Use by My Career SorterMy Career Sorter collects user submitted information such as, name, email address, phone numbers, gender, birth dates, ages, location, and other personally identifiable information for the purpose of use profiles and financial transactions. This website also logs non-personally-identifiable information including, but not limited to, IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type from users and visitors to the site. This data is used to manage the website, track usage and improve our services. This non-personally-identifiable information may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to members. User IP addresses are recorded for transaction processing, security and monitoring purposes.
We may also utilize a user's email address to send updates, a newsletter or news regarding the services available or informational changes to our organization. Users have the option of "opting out" of these communications by clicking on the "Manage E-mail Subscriptions" link on our website or the "Unsubscribe" link contained in the e-mails we send.
4. Message Boards and Public ForumsPlease be aware that whenever you voluntarily post public information to Message Boards or any other Public Forums that information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by those people to send you unsolicited communications. Although this option is not currently available, it may be implemented in future versions of this site.
5. Correcting/Updating or Removing InformationFor corrections to submissions you have made through this website, please visit the contact page and inform us of your corrections.
7. SecurityMy Career Sorter member accounts will be secured by member-created passwords. These passwords are one-way encrypted with several methods, so we don't even know what your password might be. My Career Sorter takes precautions to ensure that member account information is kept private. We use reasonable measures to protect member information that is stored within our systems, and we restrict access to member information to those members who need access to perform their job functions, such as our financial personnel and technical staff. Please note that nobody can fully guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use at the facility where the server is housed, server hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information. For any additional information about the security measures we use on My Career Sorter, please contact us for further assistance.
10. Contacting the Web SiteIf you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with the My Career Sorter, please contact us through our contact page for further assistance.
11. Our Site is Secured with a Secure-Sockets Layer (SSL) CertificateCertain portions of this website, specifically the pages that collect a user's personal and financial information have been secured with [up to] a 256-bit high-grade Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate from Starfield Technologies. Information that users send via this website is secured prior to transmission to our servers by this certificate and this information is nearly impossible to crack if intercepted by 3rd parties. This is just one more measure that we have taken to ensure all users can feel safe transmitting their information while using our site.
12. PCI ComplianceCollection and storage of financial information is always a touchy subject. However, here at MyCareerSorter.com we are serious about it. Your financial information is encrypted in several ways to prevent theft. First your information is protected with our SSL certificate. We only use SSL-secured transmissions and we encrypt all financial information we collect. This means anything that might give away any of your personal information. We do not store credit card numbers, expiration dates or the CVV2 (card security codes) anywhere on our system. These values are simply passed to our processor on the initial transactions only for processing of the credit card.